Milestones of TOPICA Edtech Group
- Launched the first-ever Business Incubator in Vietnam, CRC-TOPIC, sponsored by World Bank Infodev. It was the predecessor of TOPICA Edtech Group.
- Vietnam Deputy Prime Minister Pham Gia Khiem and Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates launched TOPIC64, the E-learning Infrastructure Development Program sponsored by Microsoft, Qualcomm, Hewlett Packard, USAID.
- US Trade Representative Susan Schwab visited TOPIC64 Center in Bac Ninh province.
- TOPIC64 Representative along with Deputy Minister of Ministry of Science and Techonology and Mircrosoft, USAID Representative presented about Human Resources Development at APEC Conference.
- The Boston-Hanoi online course "Intro to Algorithms" for 30 Vietnamese students, by TOPIC64 and MIT Professor Charles Leiserson, exceeded expectations: taking the same exams, Vietnamese students received grades comparable grades to those of MIT students.
- TOPIC64 selected among Top 7/160 of Development Gateway Award.
- US Ambassador visited the TOPIC64 Center in Dong Anh District.
- TOPICA Education Group was established. Its mission is to promote high-quality online education among learners in Vietnam and South East Asia.
- Following Harvard, Stanford, MIT and Duke; TOPICA applied 3D simulation technology in teaching. Online students experience "school", "class", "practice" in Second Life environment, built after the real-life university campus.
- TOPIC64 selected among Top 4/132 of Stockholm Challenge GKP Award.
- Launched the first batch of HOU-TOPICA Online Bachelor's Program
- Launched the "1000 Businessmen to Teach Online” campaign and and the annual award "Best Businessmen-Teachers" with Vietnam Young Entrepreneurs Association and ThanhGiong.vn. The program delivered significant social impacts, including 1,100 successful managers and professional having taught online, and 40,000 students participating in free courses.
- TOPICA HCMC also launched the first batch of HOU-TOPICA Program.
- First in the world, CRC-TOPIC successfully organized an online training course on Business Incubation for 105 managers from 15 Asia-Pacific countries
- TOPICA started partnership with Duy Tan University, opening DTU-TOPICA
- Vietnam Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Thien Nhan received the honorary lecturer’s account “nhannt.gv” from TOPICA
- Vietnam Deputy Prime Minister Vu Khoan received the keys to a 3D virtual house, in Awards Ceremony "Best Businessmen-Teachers 2011"
- TOPICA Founder Institute launched the first batch of "startup accelerator from Silicon Valley"
- TOPICA selected among Top 100 of Red Herring Asia Award
- TOPICA partnered with Tra Vinh University, opening TVU-TOPICA
- TOPICA partnered with National Economics University, opening NEU-EDUTOP
- TOPICA signed partnership agreement with University of Finance and Marketing, in presence of Vietnam Minister of Finance Vuong Dinh Hue
- TOPICA Representative was honoured among 192 Young Global Leaders by World Economic Forum
- TOPICA partnered with Thai Nguyen University, opening TNU-TOPICA
- TOPICA signed partnership agreement with AMA University, one of the largest education group in the Philippines
- Launched mobile learning app TOPICA MOBILE, the first in Vietnam
- Launching Online English speech tutoring platform TOPICA Native (TOPMITO). It is first in the world Students practice speaking via Google Glass for the first time in the world. Launching the first online speaking program with 100% native teachers
- TOPICA Danang launched the first batch of Online Bachelor's programs HOU-TOPICA
- 1600 students graduated to date from Online Bachelor's programs TOPICA Uni: 97% are employed; 34% found better jobs, salaries increased by 16.1% over 1 year, 1.5 times the national average. Hundreds became Founders, CEOs, Managers...
- 16 founders graduated to date from TOPICA Founder Institue: 5 startups raised Series A rounds, 2 among them raised USD millions; 3 founders sponsored 30 full scholarships for TFI Batch 3, fueling a Silicon Valley-style "Pay It Forward" culture; several grads received international awards in Japan, Singapore, India, ASEAN....
- TOPICA shared experience at Global Economic Symposium 2014, Kuala Lumpur, on an online education panel, with audience from 25 countries